Saturday, August 25, 2012

lamp facelift

I've had this floor lamp for a while.  It's a nice lamp, but it needed a facelift.  This project was so darn easy. All you need is a can of spray paint, tape, and a couple grocery bags.

First I got a grocery bag, covered the top of the lamp and the cord, and used the tape to secure them.  I read a lot of different techniques on prepping the lamp, sanding, using adhesive spray paint first, etc. Yeah, I didn't do any of that. I just chose what color and what finish to paint with and sprayed away.


I intended to head over to Marshall's or TJMaxx and look for a new lamp shade, BUT, why spend the money when I have some jute left over from a previous project that I could use to spruce this one up. So that's what I did.


There you have it. A very simple and affordable way to spice up a new lamp! Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment