Monday, August 20, 2012

diy burlap curtains


Oh, how I love our new curtains! A few weeks ago, I searched Pinterest tutorials on how to make your own burlap curtains. So with a lot of help from my wonderful mother (thanks, Mom!) I now have them hanging in our den. It's pretty darn easy. And burlap is very inexpensive. So here we go!

First, purchase burlap! I would say get more than enough just to be safe. You can always cut any excess off. Also, get your burlap according to how long/wide you want your curtains to be. Next, my mom sewed a hem on the top of the curtain, probably about a half an inch. We bought a curtain rod and my favorite part- rings with clips on them! All you need to do is simply clip the curtains onto the rings and put the rings through the rod. We frayed the bottom of the curtains slightly as well.


There you have it! DIY burlap curtains. It adds a lovely rustic touch to our living room and I find them to be pretty awesome :)


No comments:

Post a Comment